Friday, April 16, 2010

So its a Friday night in Melbourne.

You think I would be taking advantage of the nightlife that Melbourne has to offer but yet I am at home.

why?

Well since moving out of home, I realise how expensive it is to actually have to pay for everything.

How tired you get when there isn't that magical wonderful person (meaning mother dearest) taking care of things I have taken for granted - clean, ironed clothes, cooked meals, washed dishes, grocery shopping, house cleaning and so much more

Circle of friends in Melbourne is much much smaller than that of Perth.

When I first got here, I got terribly homesick but now I think I could actually live here.

Though there are gripes like ridiculously expensive parking (I did pay $35 for 1.5 hours parking), traffic, everything is far away, seriously shitty ass drivers, tolls, shitty cold weather and terrible roads with lack of markings and warning of changes to road rules. Oh wait also speeding fines are more expensive and so are car rego and insurance.

The great thing about Melbourne there is always something new to explore, something always open and the possibilities in this city are limitless. I also love how its cheaper to get to places. $100 can get me to Sydney and back. Or Tasmania, Adelaide or Brisbane or Gold Coast for less than $200. And its only a couple hours flight. Perth and its isolation from the rest of the world really does suck especially when i really despise plane trips.

I don't know whether I will come back to Perth for good. After being in Melbourne for couple of months and then returning back home for a few days I realised how small and quiet Perth is and I'm not sure if I want that anymore... Yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment